You Should Know
Susan Baller-Shepard meets her clients and readers at an intersection of a question asked, knowing that her work helps make connections for people or unravel long-formed ‘facts’ they hold true. She writes, speaks, and teaches about religion, spirituality, and deeply rooted stories of transformation (historical fiction). Not for the sake of conversion, but in order to have open and educated conversation about what matters to people while uncovering the drivers behind their core beliefs.
Whether you’d like Susan to write for your publication or preach, speak, or teach at your gathering, she would love to chat about your needs.
Working With Susan
Susan remains that same extraordinary person, just with more depth, wisdom and polish. Her words – on the page or in person – soothe me, awaken me, and make me laugh out loud. If you are lucky enough to encounter her, you won’t let go."
Looking for a Speaker?
Topics I Can Speak To
- “Shining from Shook Foil”: Writing About Nature & God’s Grandeur
- God & Metaphors from Nature
- Charting the Narrative of Our Spiritual Lives
- Finding Words: Poetry & Prayer & Go
- Poetry in the Bible: How It Guides Us Today
- Poetry & Theology: Serendipitous Sisters
- “I Don’t Know Anything”-Where to Start in the Study of World Religions
- Abrahamic Traditions & What Can Learn From Them
- Cafeteria Spiritual Life: Why This Works, Why It Doesn’t, & Finding a Spiritual Path Through It All
- Literature of the Bible or The Bible as Literature
- Best Lessons Learned from Comparative Religions
- Light for the Path: Poetry for Every Day
- Telling the Story of Our Health & Wellbeing
- Expressive Writing Techniques for Health and Wellness
- Poetic Forms: How Writing Poetry Can Make You Say Things You Didn’t Think You Were Going to Say
- What Your Gut Knows: Finding and Following Your Calling
- “We’ve Never Hire a Woman”: Lessons in Leadership
- Sussing Out the Spiritual Life of Characters & Darshan
- Poetry as Sacred Language
- “I Don’t Like Poetry”: Finding Poems & Poets You’ll Love
- Writing Out the Pain: Psalms & Poetry Prompts to Help Heal a Broken Heart
- Throwing a Grappling Hook into Histories: What Catches?
- “Don’t Be Boring”: How to Edit a Sermon
- Tired of the Same Ole, Same Ole: Bringing Biblical Stories Back to Life
- Open Eyed: Searching Sights Like a Poet